Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Saturday, September 23, 2017

Every Little Girl Should Have a Daddy

Jillian has turned into quite the diva this school year requesting that her nails be painted everyday.  Who would have ever dreamed?  Of course, she is also always, always in the mud so having painted nails over the mud that is permanently there is such a funny contradiction, but I love that she is getting such a personality! I went by the bathroom the other night, and saw her Daddy lovingly removing her polish. 
This daddy, that we are so lucky to have, is such a servant.  A daddy crouching down to lovingly removal "old polish" (as Jillian signs it) so that he could paint her new on is something that I wish every little girl could experience.
Watching our daughter, once orphaned, now lovingly cared for by a Godly man who claims her as his own makes my heart overflow.  I often tear up as I watch my man so wholeheartedly loving our babies.  When I speak, women often ask me how I get my husband to agree to all of us.  Truly, he is one special man. 
I understand how blessed we are to be loved on this earth by a man who prays for us, serves us, and loves us like Christ loved the church, and I pray as they grow old my babies will understand too.  For now, this smile says it all.  This beautiful smile from our beautiful daughter who is secure, and loved beyond measure by a earthly daddy, and a heavenly father, more than she will ever grasp.  Grateful this morning for the blessing this man is at the head of our family.


No comments:

Post a Comment