Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Saturday, February 3, 2018

A Date at the Art Museum

Today is the first day in almost two weeks that I feel like I have a bit of my energy back.  The household health is on the rise, and I even managed to get everyone out for a haircut this morning.  Believe me this is no small feat considering I could hardly sit upright for most of the last two weeks.  Thank goodness this nasty bug seems to be beaten. So because there was a free day at the CR Art Museum, and my seven year old artist was desperate for a little focused time, Anna Mei and I headed for an hour of one on one time.
There was a scavenger hunt through the galleries today.  It made looking at the paintings and sculptures extra fun.
She thought this ear of corn with a slab of butter painting was hilarious.
There were several stations throughout the museum where you could work on various projects.  We used water color pencils to create paintings in the classroom.
We also made a barn picture by rolling dice, and drawing the corresponding part.  The shadow puppet station was super fun too, and after a little over an hour my girl's love tank was FULL.  What an incredible blessing that Daddy was able to watch the other littles while we got a way a bit.  I enjoy our dates just as much as Anna Mei does.  I was thinking about how hard we have fought for this mother daughter bond, and how very much I adore her now.  There were so many times that I would pray God would make this happen, and He has answered my prayers abundantly..so very thankful as the battle for her heart has been so very worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment