Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Saturday, April 15, 2017

Looking to the Future

I really can't explain it, but this place doing this work of claiming one more precious girl is the reason I'm alive.  Being here, being used by God to be a small part of the redemption of this little one, is the thrill of my life.  It is hard to imagine a time in my life when this, welcoming more home, does not exist, but deep down I know that each of God's purposes for my life have lasted for only a season.  What might a season look and feel like that does not include adoption?  I have no idea, but it is hard to imagine anything that could make me feel more alive than this does.  I have said before that many people live their entire lives searching for their purpose.  These babies have given me mine,  and I am grateful to God for inviting me to do this work because truly through this I have experienced Jesus in ways I never could have if I hadn't said yes to this.  I have been stretched and pulled by the Lord through this.  I have seen miracles which I never could have dreamed would be.  I have grown a love and passion for the fatherless that I never would have known.  So as the trip wraps up this week,  I don't know what the future holds, but I pray that I am willing to lay this season of my life before the Lord so that I may continue to live in His will knowing that His plans for me are bigger than I could ever imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment