Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Just Thinking..

She's sleeping now. Often as she falls asleep I sit in her room in the rocking chair and watch her. I watch her drift off into a deep, restful sleep and I think about what a miracle she is. In her room just now I heard the birds outside the window and the cars going by on our busy street. I was surrounded by all of her things and I thought about just how much I take for granted. I have always been able to experience these things..cars, birds, a trip to the library. For my baby girl, everything is new. Everything is a precious gift and miraculous. Oh, how this journey has changed my perspective. How close to God it has led me and how overjoyed I am to have experienced this..She is a true miracle and has brought me greater blessings than words could convey. I sit here now and think about her life. I think about the future and the incredible opportunity that I have been given to be her mother. So many times I am so overwhelmed at the thought that God chose me for this. Chose her for me and made me into who she would need me to be-her mother-all along. There are those moments that are so hard and yet God has met us there each and every time. Then, there are so many moments that are so good and hearing those birds singing over my baby girl just now was one of them. Oh that I could freeze these moments and just be with my Lord. Praising Him today for His many gifts and thanking Him for the life He has given me. Thanking Him for bringing this baby girl home to us. Thanking Him for the opportunity that I have to love her and be her mother. Lord you are so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment