Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

106

We are heading into day 14 of a nasty respiratory virus at our house.  Jillian picked it up first and was down nearly seven days with it.  A few days after her, I got it.  Momma being sick is never easy as the house just doesn't run the same without a functioning momma.  Then, last Thursday it struck Molly...Saturday Ellie Grace.  High fever, coughing, and exhaustion are the main, and worst, aspects of this yuck.  Molly seemed to be getting better as she was on day five of her fight.  Her fever seemed to break Saturday evening, and while the baby took over hard and fast with ferocious symptoms on Saturday, I was hoping Molly was home free.  Then yesterday evening out of nowhere, she suddenly had a 106 fever.  Insert..hysterical momma.  Daddy was at work, and with only thirty minutes until urgent care closed, I had no choice, but load everybody up and go.  Daddy arrived from work pretty quickly and took the other little girls home while I waited with Molly to see the doc at Urgent Care for the fifth time in two weeks...SIGH!  They took her fever 106.2, and sent us to the ER.  I know 106.2 is dangerously high..seizures, unconsciousness..so much could happen.  They got us in to the ER right away as the urgent care called us in and they were waiting for us to arrive.  Another sign to this momma about how very serious this could have turned out to be.  They drew blood, ordered a chest x-ray, tested her urine, and pumped those fever reducing meds into her.  Luckily, after about three hours there her fever was retreating, and she was feeling much better. We still aren't sure what would cause her fever to be so high as this respiratory virus isn't usually the culprit of such a symptom, but it is all we can find.   I opted to take her home continuing the every three hour fever meds through the night as being here is much better than being in the hospital if you can avoid it.  I am praising God this morning for His mercies, and the time that I had to just be with my sick girl.  As I hold my babies in a hospital bed, I am always reminded things could be so much different for them.  An orphan with a 106 fever laying in an orphanage doesn't have a momma to rush her to the ER.  An orphan with a 106 fever most likely dies in an institution, and then the tears come.  Tears of thanksgiving that my girls are no longer orphans.  Tears of praise for the many, many people who provided funds so that my girls could be my daughter.  Without so many people giving on her behalf, she simply wouldn't be here with us.  Tears of great sorrow that, while my girls rest in the arms of their momma, millions lay in beds wasting away without a family.  At nearly midnight, we lay in the darkness of the hospital room, curled up in that bed together, signing praise and worship music that I played on my phone, and reciting Psalm 28:7 over and over.  It was such a sweet time, and one that I wish each and every waiting child could experience with a momma. 

The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him and he helps me.  My heart leaps for JOY, and with my song I praise Him.  Psalm 28:7

No comments:

Post a Comment