Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Crying for my Baby Girl

This morning I cried tears over my daughters tiny form as four wonderful nurses inserted an NG tube into her sweet little nose. Initially I cried because of her discomfort.. because when she hurts-I hurt. Then I cried for all the times she did this in China without a momma to sing to her. I cried for the millions who lack access to care because they are without a family to provide for them. And I wondered how I could have lived so much of my life turning a blind eye to these least who I now cherish. What an incredible privilege to stand next to her hospital bed, to rock, sing to, and comfort this precious girl who I have the pleasure of calling my daughter in this life. What a beautiful, joyful little soul my sweet Ellie Grace carries throughout her days. I am forever grateful for that file I found sitting in my inbox because I can't imagine life without her.

2 comments: