Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Letting Go


It is that time of year again..Darling Kiddos eleventh birthday is just around the corner. Every year we do many things to prepare for this special day. I make a card just for her with her favorite colors, cook her favorite meals, and throw a big party.


So my darling kiddos eleventh birthday is in three days and we don't have a party planned. Every year about six months before her big day, we would begin planning the party for the year. It has always been grand, huge, spectacular, and expensive. Presents piled all around her, cake, games-you name it we've had it. As God has begun to change my heart and lead me to reprioritize my life, it was clear that this huge extravaganza was unnecessary and had to go. Instead of a big party this year, we are celebrating with a few people who mean the most-no big production and nothing that has taken six months to prepare for.


Which leads me to this..Reprioritizing can be painful. It has not been a big deal for the darling kiddo, but for me-down right hard. Why does it matter so much? Why do I base whether or not I am mom of the year on how great her birthday party is? Why have I made it such a big deal? Why do I feel like I need to spend a minimum of $100 on a gift for her? (This year she asked for a movie. It took everything within me not say-you have to get more than that!!)


As Jesus continues to change who I am a little more each day, I am thankful that He hasn't given up on me, but at times, being obedient and letting go is painful. So worth it..but painful. Praying that God continues to change and mold me into who He desires me to be and that I will be obedient regardless of the cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment