Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Monday, February 24, 2014

May I Never Get Over This..

I’m reposting this from Crazy Life of the Wilk’s Family.  Very sad reality for so many children.  Their reality.  Just because we don’t “see” the orphan most definitely does not mean that they are not suffering.
You have to choose to see…
“This is a hard post for me to write, but its a post that must be written.
Today an orphan died in China.
He was a beautiful, precious little boy who had his whole life ahead of him.  He was living with a foster family.  He was receiving monthly transfusions thanks to the amazing group of thal moms I call friends here in the states.  His paperwork was being prepared for adoption.  Unfortunately, any illness can have a significant effect on the severity of his thalassemia.  When an illness that caused diarrhea swept through the orphanage the last week, it was too much for his little body to handle. He passed from this life into the arms of Jesus.
My heart is heavy again today.  I will never be able to hear of an orphan dying without being overcome by sadness.  This isn’t the first thal child who has died…
This sweet girl mattered too.  She deserved a family.  She deserved to get the best doctors coming to her aid.  But she lost her fight and passed into the arms of Jesus too.
I’ve often been asked “Why not adopt from foster care?”  I’ve been told that there are so many kids here in the US and we should “take care of our own” before we help the world.  I’m not going to argue these questions or points at all.
I simply believe that children matter.  ALL children matter.  ALL children deserve to have the love of a family.  Someone to kiss their boo boos.  Someone to hug them and tell them they can do anything.  ALL children deserve to have food on the table.  ALL children should have the opportunity to get an education.  ALL children deserve to get the medical care they need to get better.
Today an orphan died in Yulin, Guangxi, China.
And so did others… In China.  In Russia.  In Ukraine.  In Ethiopia.  In India.  In Uganda.  In Honduras.  In so many orphanages around the world these precious children, who have already experienced unimaginable loss, continue the fight of their lives.
An estimated 143 million orphans can be found in countries worldwide.
I believe that all of us have a responsibility to these children.  God calls ALL of us to help. 
Pray for ONE.  If you need a picture, a story, and a name.  I know plenty of them.  Make one child your priority to pray for every day while they wait for a forever family to take over those prayers.
Sponsor ONE.  Amazing agencies are doing amazing work in countries worldwide.  They are making a difference everyday in the lives of children throughout the world.  I would be happy to point you in the direction of some that I know. (Project Hopeful, Morning Star, New Day Foster Home, Lifesong for Orphans, Child’s Hope Int’l, SOS Ministries, Reece’s Rainbow, Cambodia Baptist Orphanage)  (I, Beka, personally have supported or currently support these linked ministries, very trusted sources!  Instead of giving your donations to organizations here in America that have revenues in the billions, why not give to orphans in absolute desperate poverty?  Make your money count!  The rich don’t need your money, the poor does).
Foster ONE.  If you are one of those who has a heart for America’s children, I encourage you to reach out to your local social services and find out what it takes to become a foster parent.
Support ONE.  At this moment, I know of at least twenty families who felt God’s call to adopt a child, even though they didn’t have enough in their bank accounts to cover an adoption, and took that step out to help care for ONE.  I’d be happy to show you families that you could support.  (I really like to use Reece’s Rainbow for this).
Adopt ONE.  If you think you might be willing to bring a precious orphan into their forever, please email me. MEPSCOASTIE@YAHOO.COM.  I will be happy to lead you to the agency and program that’s right for you.
I pray that this message reaches you all.  I pray that a precious little boy’s death will be the catalyst for something good to happen.  Today an orphan died in China, but I pray with all my heart that others won’t have to.”
“Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves”
“Open thy mouth, judge righteously, and plead the cause of the poor and needy.” Prov 31: 9
“And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.”  Matt 18:5

No comments:

Post a Comment