Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Joy Joy Joy

I'll be the first to admit, there have been many, many circumstances that I have allowed to steal my joy in the last few weeks.  This season that we are in is the one of the most challenging I have ever had.  Being in this new place, with a new babe, renovating a house, being away from my friends..it's been getting to me too much.  So Thursday on the way to school as Anna Mei demanded we sing JOY JOY JOY IN HEART (her words exactly), I resigned to rise above.  I decided to spend far less time focusing on my surrounding circumstances (that really are very, very insignificant compared to what many people are facing) and focus on the hope that I have because of my relationship with Jesus.  As a result, I abandon my duties on Thursday morning and just enjoyed my Anna while Jillian was in school.  Then before picking Jilly up that morning, Anna and I packed the wagon in the van, lunches in our backpack, and prepared to spend a few hours together at our new neighborhood park.  I drove us to the new house, unpacked the wagon, loaded the girls in, and walked the route to our new park.  I was overcome with more JOY than I have seen in my heart in weeks as I imagined my family here in the months to come.  There are just enough swings, climbing equipment galore, a great ball court for Daddy and Em, and sidewalks all the way there.  God has been so very good and, while some circumstances may have seemed overwhelming in the last few weeks, He continues to meet our needs abundantly.  I am so blessed. 
 Anna Mei was so very pleased with all she could now do by herself.  She kept saying BIG girl now!
 This treasure's eyes are a window to her soul.  How I wish I could get into her heart for just a moment.
 She found watery puddles to splash in too.
 She smiled at the sandbox.  I have a feeling we will be spending lots of time here.
 This little peanut loved everything including eating her pretzels at the park on a picnic.
I can't wait until we are settled in our new home and we don't have to drive the wagon to the new house in order to walk to this little park.  I can just see my babes growing up here and I can't wait to see all that God has in store for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment