Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Memories

 Last week, we had VBS and I had the pleasure of hanging with lots of incredible kids.  A few of those precious kiddos just happen to have lost their momma in a car accident about three weeks ago.  She was 39 and had 15 children-half of which were adopted. Though I had only met her a few times and didn't have the pleasure of knowing her well, I could tell by how she lived that she was a Godly woman and one who was devoted to her family and the orphan.  Being with two of her precious babes last week every day made me stop and think about what I would leave behind if the Lord chose to take me home today.  I want to do the best I can to be Jesus to my kids.  I want to communicate love, patience, and understanding as often as I can.  I want to teach them to serve others and I just want to take time to have fun with them.  I want to live each day believing that God has a great purpose in it even if that purpose seems small like placing band aids or blowing bubbles.  I am being intentional about stopping and enjoying the beauty that is my precious treasures these days because death has a way of causing you to do that.   

Because of this, we put a tarp on the hill in our backyard, covered it with soap, and hit it running.  The giggles could be heard throughout our neighborhood as my girls slid down our hill into the muddy fence area in our side yard. 













We used a lot of water and made a lot of beautiful memories.
















 These are the moments that I want to live for.  These are the times in my life that I want to desire above all else.
I want to stop getting caught up in business and take the time to truly teach my girls to live.  I am grateful for the time that the Lord has allowed me to spend with these beautiful girls of mine in the last few weeks.  I am only wishing it could be summer forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment