Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Friday, October 23, 2015

Keeping the Littles Busy

 This girl has such a desire to learn.  I am homeschooling her for kindergarten next year and I couldn't be more excited because she loves learning!  I have been creating experiments for her and she is so easily engaged.
 We put some apples in different liquids to see what would happen to the fruit if they were left out for a few days.  She even helped me choose which liquids we should use as variables and, boy, did she think she was big stuff designing her own science experiment.
 She was very serious about recording her results too.

 This little lady is right in there no matter what we are doing.  She can snip with those scissors like nobody's business.  She even found the scissors on my desk last week and did a bang up job snipping most of my papers.  Oh to be two again!
 Making puzzles for daddy, aka cutting paper into a million pieces for Daddy to reassemble, is Anna's favorite cutting activity right now.  She is so determined to stump him that she will cut and cut!
 These two littles are always under my feet when I am in the kitchen.  The other night, as I was trying to prepare dinner, I kept them busy with tongs, scoops, bowls, and some ice in trays in the sink for a good thirty minutes.
 Molly was engaging in great fine motor practice while Anna Mei was experimenting with the science of ice.
 We have a tent full of rice and dried noodles.  The girls can go inside and scoop for hours with shovels and containers.  Each time I get an interesting new container, like this plastic cookie tray from the kitchen, it keeps this little lady busy scooping and filling it up.
Anna continues to need to work on writing her name.  This girl has, unfortunately, inherited her Daddy's penmanship.  This was just another way to reinforce her name practice.  She used aluminum foil to squeeze and form her name which was great fine motor practice.
Painting is classic.  This little lady hates to be messy so painting with her is a breeze.  I love that smile.  These two fill my days with endless joy, but man are they busy!

2 comments:

  1. I love your creativity with the kids! The tent is an awesome idea, did you just use a little kiddo tent? I'd love to know more!

    ReplyDelete