Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Monday, August 14, 2017

Precious Baby

I rock this baby to sleep, and hold her during her naps as much as I can.  As I snuggle this little babe against my chest, it is impossible to not be overcome with just how miraculous all of this truly is.  We have five amazing daughters that God has allowed us to raise for Him in this season.  Four beautiful babes from across the ocean. Once orphaned, these sweet, precious girls are now cherished daughters who, though they have no biological connection to us, are grafted into our hearts.  We call them ours.  Daddy takes them for bike rides.  They run into his arms when he comes home from work.  They sing VBS worship songs at the top of their lungs while they dance around our living room at night.  Though life with four littles who have varying degrees of special needs, and one big girl who is about to go off to college is so extremely chaotic, this life is so much more abundantly blessed by their presence than I could have ever imagined when I set out dreaming about what my life might look like when I started all of this.  I didn't even know to dream this big for my time here on Earth.  My dear man's favorite idea, that we first heard at a teen conference, is that God's plans are so much bigger than your imagination.  That is so true in our lives.  As I hold this dear one in my arms, I have so much reason to give thanks to God for planning this incredible life for me.  I continue to feel so unworthy of parenting these babes as I make many mistakes throughout the day, but God continues to show me about His mercy and grace in my life.   This huge story for us just started with one yes.  My has God taken our very shaky yes when we signed on, and turned it into a big, giant faith shaping journey.  Friends, knowing God and serving Him is the thrill of my life.  It is all that matters.  The only hope that never fades throughout our crazy, chaotic days.  I am so very grateful to know Him today, and all the days of my life, because, while so much about life isn't easy, I always have hope in Him.  



No comments:

Post a Comment