Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Saturday, June 16, 2018

Anna Mei’s Baptism

Waiting her turn with Daddy.
It was 5:00, and I stood on the shores of the beach at Gull Lake as I had done many, many summers before, but this time was different.  This time, I was standing anticipating the baptism of my incredible, Jesus loving seven year old daughter.  I don't have the words to adequately describe what is like to watch this once orphan, turned daughter, publicly testifying that she loves Jesus and longs to serve Him with her life.  I sat there watching, pondering all that has transpired in her seven short years of life that has led her to this moment.  I sifted through the ashes these years have left her, and the beauty that God has generated from them. Then, I thanked God for his sovereignty, His protection of her, and I praised Him even more abundantly that He has given me a chance to have a small part in her life.  What an overwhelming privilege to be her momma, and lead her to Jesus!  Her little heart loves the Lord, and, while she struggles with so many emotional demons, this little girl is going to do much for His Kingdom because she gets it in a way that I couldn't at her age because of all that God has allowed her to experience.  While it breaks my heart to think of all the ways that Satan has done his best to destroy her, watching her gain victory through Jesus is just so amazing, and He is so real to her. 
Her counselor, Miss Bridle, praying for her.



Anna Mei and Miss Bridle

Daddy, Momma, and Anna Mei after her baptism.
Though watching her commit to following Jesus brought me such JOY, I shed a tear for the millions of orphans this very minute who will never know the arms of a Godly father baptizing them.  Go get these babies!  Be Jesus' hand and feet to love the fatherless as He commands.  Don't let Satan claim this generation of children whose potential is unlimited, and who could do great things for Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment