Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Monday, August 23, 2010

Going..Going..Gone









It is always with a very heavy heart that I send our kids off to college, but the sending off is inevitable so I am left to resort to the strongest weapon of protection that I have...prayer.

These kids are ever sooo special to me. I have had the privilege of walking along side some of them for a very long time. How I love them and know their hearts are strong in the Lord. Still it is so scary to send them away. Barna's new research says that as many as 80% of our "church" youth will go away to college and walk away from the church forever. YIKES!!! As a momma and youth ministry volunteer that really frightens me and I know that my kids need a good bathing in prayer each and everyday!! Will you join me? This generation is a powerful tool waiting to be used by Christ to bring many more into the fold. Will you be praying them on? Are you willing to build into them? To share your time and yourself with someone younger than you are? The first time my dear husband approached me with these questions (before we were in youth ministry) I have to admit to you-I said no.. I was afraid..Afraid that I would not have what it takes to be in youth ministry or to build into the lives of teenagers. Who was I to do that? I was nobody, but I have allowed God to be somebody through me and what a huge blessing it has been. I'm telling you that there is nothing like having 50 teenagers to meet with and love on every week..You outta get you some!! You never know the difference God could make in a life through you if you are only willing to be used by Him. So blessed to be able to be a part of what God is doing in ministry and to have had these sweet sheep in our flock!

No comments:

Post a Comment