Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Not What I Had Planned

This was not the post that I had planned. I was going to do another perfect day post. Yesterday was one of those near perfect days for me..I spent the day with my dear husband and darling kiddo savoring our last moments of summer together. We ate at a fun drive-in rootbeer stand for lunch and then my dh whisked me off for a dinner date (just the two of us). We went to a fancy smancy restaurant that we had been given a certificate to as a gift. When we got the bill I said to my dh, we just "spent" enough money on this one meal to pay for two months of sponsorship for our new sponsored daughter in Uganda. Peace (our Ungandan orphan)could be fed, clothed, and housed for two months with this money, but for us-it was one meal.

This thought has been brewing in my mind and then I see this when I check in at www.babeofmyheart.com today.

(Turn off the music at the bottom of my page before you watch.)

The Village of Korah from ReFocus Media on Vimeo.



Children Eating Trash..Orphaned, Abandoned, Thought to be Unimportant, Unloved, Poor, Helpless...Can you imagine? My heart is broken to think that this is happening right now in Ethiopia and all over the world. People cast aside with nothing. People are working to get these children sponsored and many people are making a difference in their lives by donating as little as $5. If you are interested in reading more about it or you can find $5 to help, please visit www.babeofmyheart.com to donate to the cause of caring for the children of Korah.

No comments:

Post a Comment