Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

A Surprise Visit


So I love to see my dh when I don't expect it. Today at work, I spotted him walking to my room through the cafeteria and I knew he was there to surprise me for lunch. So, how is it that I am lucky enough to be married to such a wonderful man and how is that I can still love him so much despite having been hanging around him for the last 20 years?..While our marriage is great(most days). There is a reason its great (most days).

Well, its because we work hard to love Jesus more than we love one another. Through his relationship with Christ, my dh has been challenged to be the kind of husband God desires. He pursues me with a selfless love-a love like Christ's love. He serves me and thinks of me above himself on a daily basis and I am grateful that God has blessed us with this beautiful marriage. God has given us one heart and purpose in ministry. It is easy to embrace my dh as God's perfect gift to me because we are so passionate about the same things.

Don't get me wrong this relationship has come with a price, but anything worth having isn't easy to achieve. I went to a parenting conference once called..Do your Kids a Favor-Love their Dad! Sooo true. So thankful that I am in a season in my marriage that I can do my kiddo that favor and I can't wait for Jill to have a daddy like the man who lives in our house!! Sooo blessed beyond words to be able to live out this life with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment