Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Shopping?



After nine months home, my little treasure is beginning to be secure enough to go out and participate in some typical activities! She is growing like a weed. Growing so much in fact that her pants are getting too short. I knew that there were some good clearance sales going on, but with Daddy gone four nights last week there was just no way to get out to look. Last night, it was just the two of us again. She has enjoyed going out so much lately that I decided to give it a try. This was the first shopping trip that I had attempted that wasn't about going in after one or two items and getting out fast. We went to one store first and browsed. While I looked at the clearance racks she stood (yes stood) right beside me. She didn't even need me to hold her. She walked around a little bit even and looked over some of the items. She never got anxious, never cried, never acted up..She even got away from me a bit, but always came right back when I told her to. The first store had nothing that I thought was clearanced enough and she did so well..I decided to try another store. Again, she was incredible..so cool..so calm..She may have even enjoyed it a bit. So I found her three new outfits and paid less than $20.00. Not garage sale prices, but ok none the less. The best part was she was there with me!!! And I'll tell you what..she is a showstopper. She gets so much attention when we are out. A Chinese baby is not the norm in these parts and she is so stinking cute. She's sporting one of those new sets today though I don't think she will ever be able to keep up any pair of pants because she just has no bottom to hold them up yet. She still needs a sz 18 mos and must have an adjustable waist. So different than my first girl who could hold her own at nearly twice that size when she was about to turn three. Love my tiny three year old, but dressing her is going to be a challenge with that tiny waist and long torso. Still, it was much easier to select sizes with her there and so much more fun!!! What out Daddy..she's a shopping girl now!

1 comment: