Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Guess Who's At The Zoo?

Jillian went to the zoo today!
She. did. it.
She went to the zoo!
She wasn't exactly comfortable enough to enjoy it
BUT she didn't let her anxiety rob her of the experience.
AND this momma is one happy lady because of that!
 Here she is at the gate as we were leaving
and she is still holding it together!
 This is right outside of the entrance where the sea lions live.
My girl noticed that huge body of water right away.
She looked right at me and signed "out"..
get me out of this wagon lady cause
I want in that water!
 She almost smiled while looking at the large yak like thingy.
 These fences were made for climbing
though she wasn't much for looking at the giraffe.
If only I could read her little mind.
 Hmmm.
Where are you taking me now?
She posed by this gazelle.
 And now for some smiles..
Eating-my girl loves eating.
She gets excited when her lunchbox comes out.
Eating is familiar and she knows exactly what to expect
and how to communicate her way through it!
 There was some music playing near by which added to her enjoyment!
Truly, this is amazing in itself.
She couldn't even begin to let herself eat away from home even a few months ago!
So..another WAHOO!!!
And for the most exciting part of the day...
(For those of you with kiddos who have sensory processing issues
you will understand why at this moment I am thrilled with this accomplishment. 
The rest of you will just chuckle.)
MY GIRL WENT INTO THE RESTROOM WITH ME WITHOUT A MELTDOWN!
I got to use the restroom and she was cool as a cucumber standing next to me.
I have never, NEVER been able to do this with my treasure!
In fact, I avoid the restroom at all cost when I am alone with her.
I couldn't avoid it today and she did fabulous in there.
Going to the restroom without a screaming, frantic toddler clinging to you for dear life is something
 I will never take for granted again as long as I live. 
Today was so good!
Very Good!
I am one blessed momma!

No comments:

Post a Comment