Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Thinking of Her...

I'm awake and it's 5:00 AM.  In the quiet of this morning while everyone else is asleep, I am thinking of her-the daughter we don't yet know, but wait for from China. 

Thinking..
Thinking of the way her eyes will sparkle when she laughs. 
Thinking of the way her lips will curl up when she cries.
Thinking of the joy her presence will add to our home.

Wondering.. 
Wondering if she will fight sleep or nap well.
Wondering if she will suck her thumb.
Wondering if she will be bossy or easy going. 
Wondering if she will be walking when we get her home.
Wondering if she will fight with her sisters for the right to play with their toys. 
Wondering what she will feel like when I finally hold her in my arms.

Hoping..
Hoping she is well cared for.
Hoping she is safe until we can come for her.
Hoping to see her face...just a glimspe..soon!

This is the miracle of adoption.  How can I love and miss someone so much that I don't even know?  It baffles me.  As long as I live, I will marvel at just how beautiful being an adoptive momma is and the fact that God has called our family to love at least one more!

No comments:

Post a Comment