Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Sunday, October 28, 2012

JOY..TRUE JOY

This girl has known the depths of deep despair in her little life.
She has known deep hurt, abandonment, sorrow, and grief that I can only imagine.
 That makes it all the more miraculous that she has such exuberant joy.
 Joy that comes when she is playing in the leaves taking it slow with her momma.
 Joy that comes from picking up a leaf and shaking it in her hand.
 Joy that comes from sitting a spell to throw leaves by the handful at momma.
 Joy from enjoying the simple things that so many of us have taken for granted.
 She has a joy so big that it takes my breath away to watch her.
How I love this treasure!
How I savor each and every moment!
I wish I could just freeze time and drink in her joy just a bit longer because these days of fall will be gone all too soon.
She is growing up way too fast, but today I will choose to take life slow and soak in her joy as long as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment