Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Monday, October 22, 2012

So Much More Than a Special Need

Dear Jillian,
As I lay today next to you snuggling your frame against mine, I have so much in my mind.  If 17 months ago, I could have known what lay ahead of me as your mother I may not have had the courage to keep walking.  Loving you now so intensely, I know that if I had let fear scare me away from you I would have missed one of the greatest blessings of  my life.  You are so much more than a label or a list of special needs..you are so much, much more than an assessment of all you can't or will never do..YOU ARE MY DAUGHTER, MY LOVE, MY TREASURE made just by God exactly the way you are so that your life might bring glory to Him who made you.  This week, you have signed "I love you" to me for the first time.  You love, you have joy, you are learning, and you continue to bless me beyond measure.  Yet, as I think of the future there are times that I am scared.  Scared of what is to come, but it is in these times that I remember how faithful God has been in our lives.  I remember how He has walked ahead of us every step of the way and how He continues to meet our every need.  I love you with all that I have because Christ first loved me.  I praise Him for making you and blessing me with the gift of you. 
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment