Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Giddy

We close on our new home in just two days.  It is much smaller and far less grand than the parsonage we have called home for the last six years prior to coming here, but it is ours and we are thrilled to have a home again!  Anyway, dear hubs did the final walk through this morning with a kind, kind man from our church who is volunteering to do all of the electrical work we need done prior to moving in.  This kind man is a grandpa type and he carefully inspected each room looking over the electric, but the thing that made me giddy and has kept me smiling all day is that he checked the bookcases and stair railing.  He checked their sturdiness, without any prompting from Sean, because he knows our Jillian.  He knows that she is a climber as he cared for her one day in our church nursery and even let her climb the cabinets up to the ceiling under his care.  It makes me smile so so much because I worried  about coming to serve a new body.  I worried because my sweet four year old is not easy.  She has many, many challenges and loving her can be hard.  She needs a lot of support and, as her mother, it is a privilege for us to care for her. Still, I worried about bringing her into a new church because I didn't know how she would be received by others and if she would have those here who love her as much as we do. Well, she does, in fact, have a village of those who love and care about her in our new body and it just makes me smile.  It makes me smile that this man thought of her safety in our new home.  God is faithful and He continues to provide the village that we need to support her.  We are truly blessed to be in this body and I should have never doubted.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Wishing you many happy memories to come in your new home!

    ReplyDelete