Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Friday, April 25, 2014

On Her Gotcha Day..

In the grand scheme of eternity, three years is not long, but for our family, and our Jillian, these last three years have changed everything.  We are changed because of saying yes to this beautiful babe.  Our eyes have been opened and our hearts have been enlarged in ways I never knew imaginable.   I am forever grateful that God brought this amazing little treasure in my life.  I love her fiercely.  She is MINE and I am her Momma.  There were many, many long days in the beginning that I never thought I would earn that place in her heart.  There were many twists and turns in this journey that I never dreamed would be so hard, but three years later she smiles, she laughs, she communicates, and she is thriving! 
 She has done much more for me than I could ever do for her.  She continues to teach me so very much about love, trust, and facing adversity.
 Watching her heal has been like walking on holy ground most days as all that she has accomplished once seemed impossible.
 She faces many, many challenges each day yet caring for her is a privilege, that I don't deserve, but I give thanks a million times a day as I watch her living with such JOY.
Praying that someday she will actually eat this cake.  Until then, I will just keep putting it in front of her and watch as she blows out the candles smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment