Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Remember Easter Three Years Ago

Three Easters ago, we were in China and holding our five year old treasure for the first time.  It was our first adoption.  We experienced new life in such a tangible way that Easter morning when were handed a fifteen pound twenty five month old who was so wounded and had endured years of neglect, but was suddenly a daughter with hope because we were doing our best to live out the gospel in our lives and answer God's call to love the least.  She was the least we were called to and watching God restore her in the last three years as He has allowed us a small part is something that continues to blow me away.  This weekend alone our sweet, sweet baby has done much.  We had her at an Easter egg hunt in our community on Saturday morning and while she communicated (and I could visibly see) that she was scared out of her mind to be there, she participated!  She sat next to me in a crowded fellowship hall where she had never been before and listened to the story of Jesus resurrection being read.  She walked next to me outside and put a few eggs in a basket.  She has played and played at the park full of smiles and JOY.  She has signed "momma" because she wanted her momma to feed her and, at this moment, she is playing in the water with her daddy in our backyard with the biggest smile on her face.  I wish I could put into words the absolute awe I am in as I watch her.  I just can't imagine what my life would be without her in it and I am forever grateful to God for allowing me the small part of her that He has.  She is a walking miracle whose heart continues to be restored.  When I consider all that she has accomplished, I am overcome with emotion because I know there are millions more like her that wait, just as wounded and broken, this Easter for the hope that she was given three years ago in that government office when we made her ours.  Praying today that we, as believers, consider all that God has done for us by resurrecting His Son and that we are prompted to be His hands and feet to those least who need the hope we have to offer because we belong to Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment