Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Monday, January 11, 2016

Hearing Aids..Two Weeks In

I am not sure I have the words to describe what it was like to see this little peanut hear my voice clearly for the first time.  There were so many emotions swirling in my head as I sat there and watched her fitted with her helper ears.  Honestly, this technology will give her so many opportunities, and to think that she would have likely never had the chance to access it if she wasn't home is so much for my heart to bear as I just keep thinking about the millions of other children waiting for a momma and daddy who will never know sound.  While I rejoice that she is hearing, my heart breaks for the others daily as I have watched her thrive with these new ears.  Yesterday, she heard the phone ring for the first time and she brought it to me.  She heard me come in the font door and up the steps for the first time too just a few days after having her aids placed.  She has loved having her new ears to help her and she doesn't ever fuss about having them on.  She wants them on as soon as she gets up and points to the other ear as soon as the first one is placed.  Time will tell if her language skills will catch up, but we are continuing to use both sign and speech with her.  She is bright and growing more and more each day!  While I am an so anxious for her ability to grow to communicate, it is bitter sweet to watch her becoming such a big girl as I missed so much of her babyhood.  I wish that I could make these days last forever somehow as I enjoy her so very much! Praying for wisdom as we navigate the road ahead, but resting in knowing that Jesus is already there and knows exactly what this baby girl's future will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment