Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Monday, January 25, 2016

The Desires of Her Heart

My Anna Mei's love language is gifts.  She will be the first to tell you that.  Recently, my littlest girls fell in love with the Toy Story movie as I picked up the dvd at a thrift store for a couple of bucks and they began to watch it.  It wasn't long before my little was wishing for a Jesse and Woody of her own.  Well, I googled to try to find one because her birthday was so close.  When I found them, I discovered they were out of our budget, and so I prayed because my God cares about the desires of my littlest girl's heart.  He also longs to provide for us in every sense of the word.  I knew that He would provide a way to get the dolls or He would move my little girl's heart on to something else that I could more easily access.  I check craigslist regularly because I buy lots of things (most everything) second hand.  Shortly after my littlest girl shared her heart's desire with me, these two dolls were listed on craigslist for $10.00.  Insert large, beaming smile from this momma here!  God is in the details of every single aspect of my life, and sometimes it is just so miraculous that you can't believe it.  Needless to say, I contacted the seller the moment I saw them and told her I would buy them.  Right before I was leaving to pick them up, my Anna said she really wished Jesse would have a stand that she could use.  In my foolishness, I told her not to get her hopes up that most dolls didn't come with stands, but maybe we could find one for her later.  Well as I picked up the dolls from their previous owner, she handed them to me while saying.. "This Jesse comes with a stand too.  Here it is."  God.  Only God.  He cares for even the most minute details in our lives, and He uses those to teach us about His provision because He longs to be all we need!

No comments:

Post a Comment