Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Saturday, March 12, 2016

My Man

My man is strong and courageous.  He is taking on life with his one good eye, and getting back to the business of serving the Lord as he is with his youth at a conference for the weekend this very minute.  He will not be thwarted, and it just makes me so proud to see him determined to conquer this trial.  The Lord is mighty is in his life!  I am so excited to see what God has in store for us in the coming months because of this blip in the road.  We are so much better for it already, but I know our good, miracle working God is up to something bigger than we could ever imagine.  Much of my life, and deepening walk with God, is based on trials that I have experienced.  I wish I didn't have to be in need to lean so much on the Lord, and to grow in my relationship with him, but it is definitely the way the Lord continues to use to show His love, mercy, and grace to me the most clearly. 

My Jilly just loves her Daddy.  Jilly is seven, but is really much younger because of her special needs.  His being out of it, not being able to carry her, feed her, and play with her has been hardest on her.  She is nonverbal, but she continues to process the events of the last month using sign, and her Nova chat to communicate what is on her heart.  She continues to ask if Daddy will have surgery..will Daddy take her to the park again..Daddy carry me.. At times, this has been heartbreaking for my man, who loves my very special Jilly more than most could ever imagine, as he has recovered.  He was back up and at it as soon as he could be for her, and, while he still can't lift her (she is 42 pounds at seven years old) because of his doctors limitations as he heals, she is so happy to have her Daddy back!  We all are..



I have set the Lord always before me.  Because He is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken. Psalm 16:8

No comments:

Post a Comment