Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Saturday, January 7, 2017

Ellie Grace Update

This glow of the holiday lights have faded, the trees are coming down, and the girls are all back in school this week.  The holidays have been so good for us here.  There are moments that I miss Ellie Grace beyond words, but we have received two picture updates this month, and our paper work is moving.


 We were logged in to Ch*na on Dec. 9.  That means all of our paperwork is there, and it is being processed.

 Now, we are waiting on our Letter Seeking Confirmation (LSC) which essentially is a letter from the Ch*na side of things that asks if we are sure we want to proceed.
 We are praying that we receive our LSC before Jan. 28 when everything shuts down for New Year over there.  The shutdown lasts a couple of weeks so if we don't get it before then it will slow things down.  We trust the Lord with this, but the sooner the better.
 After our LSC, we will send everything to the US government to finish the immigration requirements.
















After the LSC, we will travel about 10-12 weeks later.  It could be as early as April, but more likely will be early May. 
 We can't wait to get this sweet babe of course, but we seem to be pros at this waiting thing... 
I recently read an article on No Hands But Ours about waiting for your story to be written. This week I have been reflecting so much on the fact that I have spent nearly four years of the last 6 1/2 waiting to bring a child home.  I have been thinking about all that God has taught me about having JOY and purpose in the waiting because the truth is we all wait on something our entire lives.  Some of us wait on the day that we are able to finally welcome our child home and into our arms forever.  Some wait for their bodies to be healed.  Others wait for the perfect job opportunity, to be chosen for that ideal spot, or for that big break in something.  These thoughts have been ever present and mulling over in my head in the last week as I struggle with waiting for God's perfect timing to bring my girl here.  It is a common theme that is coming up in scripture as I read my devotions, in songs as I worship, and in my heart as I live out the day.   This place is a spot for me to record this wait, and one that I will go back to you years later.  Thank you for following along beside me, and for your prayers.  You are a blessing to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment