Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Friday, January 13, 2017

Perler Beads with Miraculous Molly

The sweetest thing about our beautiful baby girl, Molly, is that she has absolutely no idea that she is different from anyone else.  To all others, they recognize it as soon as they see her.  She was born without radial bones in her arms so they are much shorter than typical arms.  Her hands are missing functioning thumbs, and they aren't positioned like most as they are turned and without wrist motion.  She also has severe hearing loss as without her hearing aids she can only hear sounds like the vacuum and sirens.  In fact without her aids, they tell me that she can't hear any speech at all. That means that she is always sporting that hot pink and purple hardware whenever she is awake.  She has never pointed out her hearing aids, made mention of her hands, or fret one bit about doing things differently than every other peer around her.  She is just so happy, so secure, and with everything in me I wish I could just freeze time and keep it that way.  She is absolutely perfect if you ask me, and I tell her that she can do anything that everybody else can every chance I get.  I pray that she continues to keep that truth in her heart as she grows up in a world that doesn't always celebrate differences.  Today, her big sis was working on a Perler bead project.  Perler beads are challenging for me as they are so tiny that it isn't always easy to maneuver them on the form.  It didn't stop my miraculous Molly one bit.  She sat down and went to work on a heart form.  She didn't just fill it once either.  She made three different heart forms.  I am in awe of this girl of mine.  She is amazing!


No comments:

Post a Comment