Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Lessons Learned From Accepting Help

Over the years, we have been so blessed by the body.  Again and again, they have met our physical needs and our spiritual needs.  Sometimes these needs have been met in the darkest seasons of our lives, and sometimes they have been met in times of rejoicing.  Regardless of the season having help is what God intended.  He meant for us to live in community together sharing one another's burdens, joys, and day to day.  I know this in my head, but when a dear lady in our church insisted that she bring us dinner this week, I almost said no.  We are back to life.  We are settled in quite nicely and I just didn't think I needed it.  I am so glad that she insisted because it was our favorite meal..fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and chocolate chip cookies, and it gave me precious time.  Precious Time that I didn't have to spend making dinner.  Time that I had to sit next to my incredible six year old girl while she completed her first 100 piece puzzle.  Time that I could cuddle my Molly Kate, swing my Jillian, and carry my newest babe.  Time that I could just sit and be around the table with my teen talking about her day.  Time that I wouldn't have otherwise had to do any of this.  So, I thought long and hard about saying yes when those willing around me offer to help.   I will say yes when someone offers because, even when I don't think I need it, help is a gift from one believer to another that is intended to lighten our load and bless us.  When I say no to other's offers, I deny them the ability to follow the Lord's prompting in their hearts to serve me and I rob myself of a great blessing. Friends when those around you offer to help you in anyway just say yes!  And who knows, you might find a little one who loves chocolate chip cookies when you didn't expect to....

Thank you, dear friends, for your willingness to offer so much help this last year as we have journeyed to this girl.  You all are such a great blessing to us!

Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.  Galatians 6:2

No comments:

Post a Comment