Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Playing Baby Dolls

I often wonder what God might do with this special little girl's life.  Though Anna Mei's initial adoption file was special focus and said she had all sorts of special needs, I knew when I was handed her in China that she didn't have low or high muscle tone.  As my first week with her in country went on, I also knew that she didn't have any developmental delays, and I suspected that she didn't have "poor brain development".  Needless to say, this sweet six year old is completely typical.  That is not to say that she doesn't have her challenges.  She does, but here she is with unlimited potential sandwiched between a whole bunch of sisters who face some challenges that are considered pretty big by this world.  My dear Anna Mei is my side kick.  My number one therapy partner.  She can tailor play activities to enhance Molly's practicing to use her hearing, can encourage feeding and swallowing in our newest babe, and can even sign to Jilly in no time flat.  She is truly gifted in so many ways, and I honestly can't imagine how God might use her life.
The other morning, she brought out her baby doll, and told me that she was "reviewing her file".  Her file said she had autism and hearing loss so she was doing some therapy with her sweet baby doll to help her.  PRECIOUS!  I pray that she keeps her eyes firmly planted on Him as she grows because she has so many gifts and such potential, as we all do with God's help, to do great, BIG things for Him!  What a special, amazing little girl that I get to call my daughter.  So good!












No comments:

Post a Comment