Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Watching Jillian Get A Pan X-ray

I stood on the other side of a wall just now peering through a tiny window just watching my very special eight year old get a pan x-ray taken at the dentist.  To most, this would not be a major feat.  In fact, most would mutter "crazy" as they passed me..the sobbing momma looking through that window..today at the dentist's office.  You see this is my girl who I was told would never learn anything.   This girl who I was told would never know that I was her mother.  The girl who I was told was far too broken to be adopted and who would not accomplish much.  This amazing, incredible girl, who signed hundreds of words all morning at the dentist outlining clearly each and every one of her anxieties as she clung to this momma for reassurance, continues to accomplish more and more every single day!  As I held my newest babe in my ergo watching my biggest Chinese babe yet again rocking this medical situation, I was overcome with gratefulness to God that He would allow me this privilege.  You see if I had seen you standing at a window like this six years ago, I may have muttered crazy myself as I passed.  I wouldn't have understood because being a momma to this big girl of mine has changed me!  She has taught me so much about what this life means, and just what a miracle every single day can be.  I will care for her for the rest of my days on this earth as she will always be a child to some degree because of the very special way her mind is made, but, friends, this is, indeed, one of the greatest blessings of my life.  I certainly would have never understood the great value in this journey had I not walked it myself.  I would have never understood the immense beauty in my Jillian just as she was made.  I have watched God allow the love of our family to absolutely transform the heart of this baby girl, and as I embark on another journey with my smallest, Chinese babe snuggled in my ergo, I am on my knees in awe of that fact that God would bless me once again with another very special treasure!  This life is such an amazing blessing!  What an incredible and abundantly loving God I serve to lead me to such great JOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment