Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A Good Day

Today was a good day!

Our play therapy session was incredible.

She was there with us..really there with us!!

She even stayed "with" us for more than twenty minutes.

If you love a child with autism, you know what I mean.

She even had some "language". She said mama as a word several times, which she hasn't done in months, when it was my "turn" to play the accordion. AND she made the swing sounds when she wanted to swing. Her therapist even said the words that this momma clings to each time someone even mentions them...her language may be coming. I lay awake at night praying that I will hear her voice someday. I have found that on this journey, God is teaching me to let go of my dreams for her a little at time so that I can fully embrace her and who He has for her to be. As I have slowly let go of things little by little, I find myself clinging with all my might to the parts that I have left in my heart. Speaking someday..Hearing her calling momma when she needs me..I haven't let it go yet. I petition God on a regular basis to let it happen..to break through all those walls in her mind and allow her to speak with clarity. I don't know if it is in His plans for her, but today was a good day and this momma is holding on to hope. Hope that someday she will be just a little less trapped than she is now and enjoy being in relationship with us more. Oh, how I love her and am blessed beyond measure that God has allowed her to be mine.

1 comment:

  1. That is so AWESOME! To hear her say Momma.....I would have cried right then & there!

    ReplyDelete