Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Monday, November 5, 2012

The Day After Orphan Sunday

I thought all day yesterday about what to share.  It was Orphan Sunday after all and my heart burns with love for the orphan. I thought about what I could say or share that could mean something given my journey, what God has taught me about the orphan from His word, and where we are currently walking BUT the only thing I could think about yesterday as I reflected on Orphan Sunday was how little I have done for the kingdom when it comes to the orphan crisis.  I was filled with repentance and regret as I studied God's word  during my quiet time reflecting on the orphan and reading scripture.  I spent 33 years of my life looking the other way.  I didn't sponsor a child, adopt, pray for, or even think of the children who my heart now is broken for.  I wasted so much time ignoring this part of God's word and ignoring these children.  Yesterday, I was overwhelmed by my inadequacy and sinfulness.  I was overcome by how much time I wasted just focusing on myself and my own family.  I spent a lot of time thinking about these last three years, about the blessings I have received because I now allow myself to "see" and love these children.  I thought of the children I sponsor and have been able to meet and I thought about my babies.  The two precious babies-once orphans-that God has allowed me to call my own.  I thought of them and the many others that sit in orphanages, foster homes, and on the streets all over the world waiting for someone to call them son or daughter.  How can it be that I wasted so much time blinded to these children?  I ended the day asking God's forgiveness and begging Him to use me more.  There are way too many children suffering for me to sit by.  I have Christ.  I want them to know His love too.  My prayer today is that my heart will not sit dormant..that my life will not grow cold to the commands of God's word and that one day ALL children will know the love of a family!  As many churches took time yesterday to reflect on God's word in regard to the orphan crisis, I am praying that hearts were moved and that one by one...they will all come home!

No comments:

Post a Comment