Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Monday, May 27, 2013

Goodbye Tree


 We lost  a couple hundred year old tree from the side yard the other night.  We didn't even hear it fall as not one of us woke up, but it destroyed everything in the backyard.  The wooden swing set, little tykes slide, several sections of our vinyl fence, and rocking fish are history.  They were smashed in a thousand little pieces.  The hole the tree left when it landed is gigantic.  It was a huge old tree.  About 5:15 AM, I went out to put some mail in the mail box and was met with the site of this huge tree laying across the back of the yard.  I was quite surprised.  The girls are upset that their swing set is in lots of pieces and no longer functional and I have to admit that I am a bit bummed too at the mess as our backyard is one of our favorite hang outs, but no one was hurt and the tree clean up provided hours of fun entertainment.  It took the tree company about 15 hours to tackle this gigantic task.  That means there was a lot of looking out the window while standing on this stool for those two days.  It also means Daddy will be building another swing set.  Thanking God for his protection of our home and my big girl who sleeps at the corner of the house closest to the wall where the tree fell.  If it had fallen on the house, it would have been very likely that she would have been hurt. 


1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry that happened, but so thankful God protected everyone. I wish I had a little slide sitting around here...but our sub is having a garage sale this coming weekend. I'll watch for one!

    ReplyDelete