Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Just an Ordinary Kid Moment

Tonight, I watched as my sweet Jillian enjoyed an ordinary kid moment.
It was just a ride at a carnival.
A ride that was way over priced, smelled a bit, and was crowded
BUT..
for my girl it was miraculous!
 Mei Mei was itching to get on one!
The whole time Jillian was riding, she was fussing and asking for her turn.
We finally headed to this carousel where she could ride too.
Anna didn't like it one bit and signed finished as soon as it started turning!
She did manage to stay on until it stopped, but she didn't ask to go on anything else.
 This is the first ride Jillian experienced. 
She would ride it three more times because clearly it was her favorite.
She signed go, go while she waited for it to start each time.
She would smile so big while the rides were in motion, but the phone camera was way too slow to capture her joy.  This momma remembers it though and I have to admit I was pretty teary watching her enjoy this ordinary kid moment.  With all the lights and sounds, she was still able to communicate and enjoy herself.  She often signed wait while we were in line.  She isn't a fan of waiting always, but she certainly understands the concept.  It was way over priced of course, but a moment to be a kid is priceless.  I enjoyed so much watching her enjoying herself and conquering so much!  Who knew when I said yes to adoption that God would work such miracles right before my eyes?  I am grateful to Him for this treasure and all that He has done in her life.  I love every minute of being with her and watching her take on the world.  There is no telling how far she will go.

1 comment:

  1. I love how you slow down and enjoy life with your girls. Wise Mama.
    -Beka =)

    ReplyDelete