Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

I Love You

She is a little girl of few words and, though none are spoken from her natural voice, they are so powerful.  My sweet five year old has just been rocking in my lap for the last thirty minutes, but it was those thirty seconds that she signed "I Love You" that mean the most.  This little lady is nonverbal and has many, many challenges.  Many told me in the beginning that she may never attach to me and that she was so cognitively delayed that she wouldn't accomplish much.  This one that I have the privilege of holding is so much more than the labels that may try to define her.  She is caring, bright, funny, and stunningly beautiful.  Today, I am so thankful for the quiet to sit and hold her in the rocking chair because this, being this special little girl's momma, is what I was made for.  How I love her..Oh how I love her.

1 comment: