Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Saturday, June 28, 2014

She Danced

We are just returning home from our beloved Gull Lake Ministries trip.  This year far exceeded my expectations as my sweet, special needs treasure was given a one on one counselor.  My did this sweet college student radiate Christ's love all week to my Jillian.  Jillian was able to participate in the Cove Kids program for the first summer since coming home to us which means I was able to attend the teaching sessions, adult dinner banquets, and refresh myself for the first time in three years.  It was heavenly to see my sweet girl so comfortable and having so much fun where she was once so full of anxiety. 

One particular night at camp, they have a talent show.  Jillian was sitting with us, and her sweet counselor, in the tabernacle watching the show when a worship dancer was up on stage.  This young woman was a teenager, and fellow camper from the state of Michigan, dressed all in black.  She gracefully moved across the stage with poise and beauty to the song Via Del Rosa.  It was a stunning and worshipful performance for all of us, but it was Jillian's reaction that took my breath away.  There in the row standing right beside her daddy my sweet, beautiful, nonverbal treasure was so moved by this teenager's worship through dance that she too began to dance.  SHE DANCED!!! She modeled each and every sophisticated movement made by the young dancer on stage as she watched her worship in this way.  When the dancer laid flat on the floor so did my Jill.  When the dancer held both arms high and one foot up so did my Jillian.  It was one of the most beautiful moments I have ever had with this sweet treasure who I have the privilege of calling my daughter.  It moved Daddy and I so much (and made us chuckle a bit as Jillian's moves weren't near as graceful as the young woman on the stage though they were just as heartfelt) that we left ready to submit to whatever it is that God has for us in the months to come.  We have seen God work miracles because we have this little girl in our lives.  This sweet treasure, once so locked inside herself, is so very connected to the heart of God!  He just radiates from her and she touches so so many who see her! 

It also has left me searching for worship dance ministries in my city because I gotta keep this little lady dancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment