Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Using Her Voice

The other night I had both girls by myself as Daddy and Em were out of town.  I was doing my best to keep up with both of them as always, but tonight Jillian wanted to watch her favorite Elmo song, Siesta, on the computer.  The video is about a minute and a half long and she loves to watch it again and again.  Well, as I was chasing after Anna Mei, getting her in the bath, dressed, and ready for bed, I couldn't always keep up with restarting Jill's song.  Sweet girl would just sit at the computer signing "Momma" until I remembered to check on her.  She seriously is so cute just sitting there signing momma thinking I could hear her doing that.  This lead me to get her "voice" (aka NOVA chat) for her.  I showed her the path to the momma button and then sat back and listened for my baby girl to call for her momma.  Call for her momma she did!  Each time the video was over, she would hit that momma button and the voice would call out for her signaling me to restart that video.  I would hear and come running which really made her happy.  She is so very pleased with herself when she can voice things.  I tried to catch it on video and it wasn't a completely natural use, but getting it on the spot was hard.
 
This certainly led me to give thanks for this incredible technology and the chance she has to use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment