Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Red, White, and Blue

My dear girl was issued her visa today.  She was all decked out in her red, white, and blue for the occasion.  (I was chuckling waiting with the other families this morning about all the hairbows on our children.  I said that when a little is adopted by an American they should be given a warning that hairbows are in their future as all the little girls were wearing them.)  As soon as she lands on US soil, she will be a citizen.  We had to walk by hundreds, probably thousands, of Chinese nationals waiting in line hoping to be granted a visa to immigrate into this great country that we are blessed to call home.  We were able to walk right past them all and enter the brand new consulate where the preamble to the constitution etched in the frosted glass greeted us.  This is always an emotional moment for me when my precious daughters are adopted by our great country and the rights of citizenship are extended to them because we have called them our own.  She was called by her American name today for the first time by a stranger..Molly Katherine Ling Masterson.  She doesn't yet know that that is who she is to become, but I know and it is amazing.  As much as I love visiting this place and feel such a deep burden for the many lost here, I will be so thrilled to land on US soil.  The freedom we have is something I take for granted too often.  Praising God my Molly will soon know it.  She does love her some native food though.  Today, she devoured an egg custard type dish with soy sauce on the top.  She ate the entire pan.  I don't even know what it was as the local place we went to eat didn't have any English speaking employees.  They didn't charge us for it as they said it was lucky for the baby.  I am hoping I can find out what it was so I can try to recreate it for her when we are home.  Their native food is always so comforting to my little ladies and I love making it for them when we are home. 

2 comments:

  1. curious where you ate and got the egg custard dish. Three was a place we ate at often in May that had Shanxi noodles and served those. Wesley LOVES it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for the red, white and blue! Praying you home.

    ReplyDelete