Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Loosing Teeth

My big, six year old has lost three teeth in the last few weeks.  THREE.  All I have to say is STOP.  Stop getting so grown up.  One of the teeth she lost was her extra peg tooth in that cleft.  There is no tooth to replace that extra which is a HUGE blessing because there is simply no room in that mouth for extra teeth, but it is also so sad.  Sad because her mouth, her smile, will never look the way it did as a child again.  Emily was poking some serious fun at me as I teared up about that.  My Jilly will never again have that extra, crooked, smooshed up smile.   The smile that, to this day, makes my heart overflow with JOY each time I see it on her.  Emily said again and again..it is just a tooth mom. It is so much more than that though, it is another milestone marked along the path of this little girl's life that has so greatly changed mine.  How altered our lives are because of her presence.  What a miracle it is that I have her to love, that she is alive at all and thriving, and that she led us to two more beautiful girls from China.  I can't praise God enough for the blessing of her!

No comments:

Post a Comment