Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Today Is Her Birthday

I have written this post four times.  Four times now, my children have turned two without me by their side..in 2011, 2013, 2015, and now in 2016.  While I ache deeply at missing this day with our Ellie Grace, I know that soon she will not remember what it is like to have a birthday apart from a loving momma and daddy.  I hold to that today, and every day while I wait to bring her home.  There will be more tears today than on most as I long for her here, but I trust that God's timing is perfect.  More than that, I know that God has never left my treasure, and that He loves her more than I do.

In other news, our paperwork has moved on, and so have our payments.   We are so very grateful to have had our paperwork accepted at immigration this week as it means we are one piece of paper closer to getting our dossier to China.  It also means that our bank account is at zero, and we have more bills coming due when those papers are issued to us.  I am hoping this will be about 4-6 weeks from now.  Pray that God will provide through our fundraisers or some other means that I just can't see from this perspective.  It seems each time I organize a fundraiser, I am sure God will use it.  He certainly has always provided, but generally it is not at all the way I had planned.  I love that about this adventure as relying on God is our only choice.

Writing as one who is missing my baby girl today, and longing to hold her even more than most days.  Happy 2nd birthday my treasure.   This is the last birthday you will ever have without a momma!

No comments:

Post a Comment