Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Saturday, December 24, 2016

Waiting At Christmas

In the quiet of this morning, this Christmas Eve morning, I sit here dreaming of our little one who is so far from home.  As a veteran waiting momma, I know that Christmas without our little girl is always hard yet somehow it has taken my heart by surprise.  The flurry of activity this week has been a good distraction, but this morning the hole that exists in my heart because of the absence of our newest baby girl is exposed in this quiet.  I mourn her absence.  I cry for all that I have missed with her, but I wait with hope.  For this year, she will be placed in the arms of this loving, forever momma, but the future for most is not so bright.  Most babies who lay in orphanages all across the world will never know the comfort of a mommma's arms.  As I watch my babies today and tomorrow celebrating the glorious birth of our Savior, I do not want to be so overcome with joy that I forget these babes who so desperately need the body to be Jesus for them.  As I sing silent night, unwrap gifts, read the Christmas story, consume a million cookies, and feast on food saved specifically for this time of year, may I not forget those who are so easily forgotten.  It is my constant prayer that more will be welcomed into loving, Godly families so that they too may know the love of Jesus because they know the love of family.


No comments:

Post a Comment