Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

And She Shall Be Called...

I remember the week before we began our paperwork trail. We decided we were in this thing and, because I am one obssessed woman when God puts something on my heart, we talked about the adoption every single day-multiple times!! (Still DO!)

What a sweet Thursday night it was when my dh, my darling kiddo, and myself where all lounging in the master bedroom dreaming of our new little one. We honestly love spending time together this way. There's no tv, no activity, and no agenda. We were just spending some time being still together. We enjoy each other soo much and being able to bring another little one into our quiver is beyond words!!

I asked, "What will we name her?" It was so fun to laugh, giggle, and imagine God's plans for this little girl. We threw out all the names that came to our mind from ridiculous to serious. My dh and darling kiddo are serious goof balls so there were many ridiculous names thrown out.

And she shall be called....Jillian. More important than Jillian, she will be called daughter, sister, loved, adopted, accepted, and a host of other things. She will be given a new family, a chance to know Jesus love for her, and a new beginning. Only God knows the results of these new beginnings, but we pray that she will enter into a relationship with Jesus, devote her life to Him, and serve Him with all that He has given her.

No comments:

Post a Comment