Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Friday, December 20, 2013

Her Buddy

We recently received a Christmas card in the mail and a photograph of one of Anna's roommates from Xuchang.  She probably spent her entire life living with this little guy as they are close in age and are in the same room in many of the pictures we have from her orphanage.  When she first came home, we had a photo of him in the orphanage that his new family sent us when they received his referral. After returning home from China with Anna, I would get the photo out and pray for this little fella as he waited for his family.  When I would do this, the photos of him still the orphanage made my Anna so sad that she would shake her little head no and cry when I would show her his picture and so I had to stop praying with her for her little friend.  I continued my praying over his photo though by myself until the day his family reached him.  Well, now this little man is home and in the arms of a loving family.  He doesn't even look like the same little man I prayed over in the photo from the orphanage.  The sweetest part of receiving this card was Anna's reaction to seeing him.  She is now so happy to see his picture-so different than her reaction to seeing him still in the orphanage-and even more overjoyed to look at all his siblings with him.  She truly was really thrilled to see him when I opened the card and she smiled so big when I showed her his picture.  I know she is only two, but truly this baby girl's heart is much older than that and she completely understands that this little man is home with a family and orphaned no more.  Just look at her as she is calling out his Chinese name as she looks at his picture..


Merry Christmas B!  Thank you for sharing your family with us.

1 comment:

  1. Don't know if my last comment went through...
    Awww... we LIT UP watching that precious video!! So sweet! Cole was smiling so big seeing Anna Mei too, wonder if he remembers her? We need to have a X*chang reunion with a bunch of us in years to come! That would be awesome! Thanks for sharing this post and video, melted my heart!
    -Beka =)

    ReplyDelete