Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Monday, September 15, 2014

My Cup Overfloweth with Joy

Today, I had the most amazing morning with my Anna Mei.  It was nothing special.  We ran errands.  Lots of errands.  Two banks.  Two grocery stores.  It was an ordinary day that is just so extraordinary because my girls are in it. 

On the way to take Jilly to school, I could hear Anna's little voice floating up to me from the backseat.  She was singing:
this amazin' grace.
this ufail love.
that you take place.
bare cross. 
you lay down life so I free. 
Jesus I sing you done for me. 

Broken three old language that is simply beautiful to hear.  She was singing from her heart one of our favorite worship songs  "This is Amazing Grace" by Phil Wickham.  Honestly, this moment changed the course of my entire day because I just began to audibly thank Jesus for making me the momma of this amazing, spectacular (albeit sometimes challenging) little treasure and I was begging Him to give the power to truly love her this morning.  And for this morning, I felt like I overcame the world.  I took her pace for our errands as I savored each moment with her.  We looked at the baby dolls in the Walmart aisle for what seemed like an hour and I was present there with her today.  I didn't think about my list, my phone, my very messy house, or any of the other million things that could have taken me away from just being with this girl. 

Each time I go somewhere with this little beauty, she is like a senior citizen magnet and this morning was not different.  I can't tell you how many people commented about how delightful she was or who said how adorable she was or who just stopped to smile at us.  One woman even stopped long enough to tell me how very lucky I was to have her.  I assured her I knew it. It made me reflect this morning on the miracle it is that she is mine and riding in my minivan here in the midwest.  How is it that God could orchestrate such?  How is it that I would have such a tremendous blessing laid out for me?   How is it that God could create in me such a fierce, unconditional love for a little one who just a little more than a year ago, I had never met? 

Miracle. 
Beautiful Miracle.

 Beautiful miracle that I get to experience again!!!!  Really, Lord that you should choose me is beyond my grasp as I am weak and so unworthy, but I thank you for your presence this morning and the power you gave me to truly enjoy these moments with this one very special girl whom I love so very much!  Thinking of bringing home another one is just simply too much to take in as I am so overflowing with Joy!  My God You are so very good!

No comments:

Post a Comment