Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Eight Quarters

It happens nearly every week when we are adopting. Gifts, to bring home our girl, are freely given to us.  These gifts are donations toward the ransom that holds our girl captive as an orphan.  It humbles me beyond words each and every time.  I pray that I never begin to take the miraculous out of it and that I don't, for one minute, forget to praise God for his provision because truly it blows me away.  Some of these gifts come in cards, via our church mailbox, through USPS, and others are simply handed over.   They all add up and they are all so very important, but it is the one that came Sunday night that has me stopping to record it's origin this morning.  Sunday, we had small group.  We just started our new group about six weeks ago.  It meets in our home and there are about six or so families.  We come together with the chaos that is our kiddos to eat, fellowship, open the word, and just do life together a few times a month.  Last Sunday as a precious seven year old girl, whose momma and daddy are a part of small group, approached our door, she handed me a stack of eight quarters.  "I want to give you this for Molly Kate" was all she said before tears welled up in my eyes.  Apparently, this sweet little girl had been begging her momma for extra chores so that she could earn money to give to us so that our girl could come home.  Oh, that my heart could be so pure and generous.  I can't wait to see this little lady holding my sweet, little girl home forever in the arms of many, many who have loved her already and given so that she could come home. 

2 comments:

  1. So very precious! Leslie, you are Blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following your journey but I don't comment much. This just moved my momma heart! Oh the sweetness of children. What a beautiful little girl to do that.

    ReplyDelete