Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Saturday, February 20, 2016

A Memorial Post

I desperately want to record the events of this last week and half well.  I love the book of Joshua and I am a huge believer in building a memorial for my children just as the Israelites did after crossing the Jordan.  This blog, and my prayer journals throughout the years, are my memorial for them.  It is a way for them to see all that the Lord has done, and, continues to do, in my life.  This week and half has had lots of time for reflection, and has brought so much beauty from the Lord.  I was thinking in the car that the one thing that I want my girls to not miss is the beauty of following Jesus in this life. Following the Lord is about so much more than just accepting Him.   I don't want them to waste even a second of their lives chasing after the things of this world, but want them to fully embrace the plans that God would have for them as this has been the greatest adventure! I could have never imagined a life so full of joy, peace, happiness, and love, even amidst such trial as this week and half has been, as I was a young person planning out what I wanted as I grew.  Yet, here I am living the greatest adventure with such blessings as I follow my Savior...

Wednesday evening my husband was involved in an accident at youth group.  They were playing a sports game which is common before they dig into God's word for the evening.  About 7:00, my teenager called with a very shaky voice to tell me there was an accident, Daddy was hurt, and they were calling an ambulance for him.  She couldn't give me any details about anything.  I am sure it was traumatic for her to see it happen.  I was home alone with the littles, but had spent the entire night memorizing scripture about fear (for my friend as mentioned in my last post) so instantly Joshua 1:9 kept playing again and again in my head.  I wasn't frantic.  I wasn't afraid.  I waited until someone arrived which seemed like a long time though it wasn't.  Then, I assured them I was able to drive myself to the ER to meet my husband as I really was feeling the Lord so close.  I recited audibly Joshua 1:9 the entire way to the hospital.  Again and again I said, Do not be terrified for the Lord your God goes with you where ever you go.  I felt Him with me.  It was a long night involving an second ambulance ride to a specialty hospital about 45 minutes away, a five hour emergency surgery in the middle of the night, and a good week of laying in bed to recover.  My dear man lost his right eye last week because of this accident, but what we have gained far outweighs this loss.  There has been so much good that has come from this already.  I am praying for some quiet to continue to process this week, and to add to my memorial for my girls because I want this to change to them.  I want them to grow even deeper in their walk with the Lord because of what we have seen and experienced through this blip in the road.

We have another surgery, and recovery, this coming week as we will remove his blind eye all together.  The globe was ruptured, and it just is too risky to keep it in there as the immune system tends to attack eye tissue that has been leaking which puts his good eye at risk.  Please pray for his recovery, and that I will carry this story well.  I don't ever want to waste the lessons the Lord is teaching me.  He is so good..so abundantly good to allow me the chance to stretch and grow through this.

And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.  Romans 8:28

6 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry. Your faith is an encouragement. I will be praying for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many many prayers for your family and especially you and Sean. We love and miss your family dearly. Thank you for the update as it helps guide our prayers. Speedy healing, good pain meds, and peace for Sean. - Jenni C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are in our prayers. The people of Grace Baptist Pekin prayed for you all Wednesday evening. Even when these unexpected things happen, we know that the Lord has "an expected end" to our lives....He knew. And I love reading how His grace is carrying you through. Love from the Justus family

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are in our prayers. The people of Grace Baptist Pekin prayed for you all Wednesday evening. Even when these unexpected things happen, we know that the Lord has "an expected end" to our lives....He knew. And I love reading how His grace is carrying you through. Love from the Justus family

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers for you all Leslie. Have been praying and continuing to pray.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for you guys. Keep posting updates as you are able!

    ReplyDelete