Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Sunday, February 14, 2016

The Lord Goes Before Us

Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous, Do not be terrified: do not be discouraged for the Lord you God goes with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9

I spent most of early Wednesday evening brushing up on verses about fear.  I have a friend who is battling fear as she begins another adoption.  I was planning on meeting with her on Thursday morning so I opened scripture to refresh my memory so that I could encourage her as we met.  This verse above was one I memorized when going to pick up my Anna Mei.  I read it again and again on Wednesday evening.  I even recorded it on a card..to give my friend.  I never imagined that I would be the one using these words to remind myself of this truth as I was gonna need a big dose of the Lord come about 7:00 PM.  I had no idea that this promise, made to Joshua by the Lord, would be so very important to me again so soon, but my Lord knew and was already preparing me to walk through what would be coming next.  Oh, how He love us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment