Deuteronomy 4:35

You have been shown these things that you might know the Lord is God besides him there is no other.

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Another Surgery..Update

Yesterday, we headed to the U to have another surgery to remove Sean's right eye.  It went as expected.  There was an implant put in so that the prosthetic, which is a bit like a huge contact lens, will have a round eye shape.  We came into contact with many whom we were able to share our faith. My prayer is that our story glorified God.   It was a hard day as Sean just doesn't come out of anesthesia well.  It is never easy to see someone you love so very much experience so much pain and fear, but throughout this I am reminded of the blessing of marriage and family.  God made me to be a helper for this amazing man whom I am put together with.  My purpose in this life is to care for him, love him the best I can, and through that bring glory to my creator.  It continues to blow me away to fathom that.  God made me for this very purpose, for these days of caring for Sean as they are no surprise to Him, and He continues to be all I need.  When your husband is so helpless, vulnerable, and begging you not to leave his side, it causes you to pause and just thank God for this relationship that He has given us.  It is such a tremendous and miraculous blessing that God would allow us to experience something as special as marriage on this earth.  Just like most everyone, I am sure that I tend to take this special gift of marriage for granted when things are going well, but through this I have been reminded again and again of just what a precious gift that it truly is to have a God loving man to lead my family.  As usual, the sunrise is bringing a new day filled with hope and sunshine.  Sean is resting more comfortably and the anesthesia is wearing off so he seems less anxious.  Praising God this morning for His care for us and that He is with us each and every step of the way.  Thank you for prayers for pain relief in the next few days as Sean is uncomfortable.  Pray as well for rest, peace, and healing.   

No comments:

Post a Comment